Login Widget Pro DocumentationSuperPlugin Editor
This documentation page is an ongoing updating page. As we continue to add more features to Login Widget Pro
, we will reflect these changes in the page. You may also want to keep an eye on our blog
as any update is posted immediately with the feature list and documentation-like instructions.
This Documentation Includes:
- Installing Login Widget Pro in WordPress
- Recovering Lost License Key and Lost Password
- Getting Started with Login Widget Pro
- General Settings
- Login Form Settings
- Registration Form Settings
- Forgotten Password Form Settings
- Working With Login as a Widget
- Placing Login Widget Shortcode in Content
- Using Login Widget as a Popup
- Managing Users Lists
- Block Content for Non-Logged In Users
- Uninstalling Login Widget Pro
- Troubleshooting and Support
Installing Login Widget Pro
- Go to “My Account” on our website, using your username and password.
- You will a list of your recent orders (or single order) along with current status. Please note that in order to be able to download the order, the status should be Complete. In case the status is marked as Processing – it means that payment is not complete.
- Clicking the View button, or the order number will take you to the order details, where you can download your product (see screenshots below).
- Upload Login Widget Pro via Plugins/Add New/Upload. You may also upload it to server using ftp software – Filezilla is a free and robust option – and unpack it on your server.
- Go to Plugins and activate the plugin.
- You will now see “Login Widget Pro” on your WordPress navigation menu.
- Insert the license key you received upon purchase into the text-box at the top of the Getting Started page, add the email you have signed up to SuperPlugin when opening your account and click Activate. While obtaining your license key, make sure you don’t copy any spaces before or after the license key. Once activated, you will be able to receive update notifications directly via WordPress dashboard.
Recovering Lost License Key and Lost Password
if you need to recover your license key, refer to the explanation provided on Power Widgets documentation
, chapter 2, and act accordingly.
Getting Started with Login Widget Pro
- Once installed, you will see pointers with detailed explanations regarding various features of the plugin. It will walk you through the basic features of the plugin. You may dismiss them once read.
- Click Login Widget Pro link on your site’s site menu.
- Under General Settings, you will be able to do the following actions:
- Set default page for lost password retrieval
- Set default page for email verification
- Set transition animation while changing between form types: you may choose between one of four animations – regular, horizontal, vertical and fade-in/fade-out animation. Please be informed that this feature is supported in modern browsers only.
- Set popup form settings:
- Form width in pixels.
- Determine the way the “Login”button should look like once user has logged in – you have three options to choose from – leave it as is, hide it or replace it with a custom text (which is inserted in the widget)
- Select a color scheme for your popup widget: white, light-gray, dark-gray, bluesky or inherit Theme’s CSS.
- Set shortcode widget width in pixels
- Export all users/export only newsletter subscribers – click the appropriate button and a .csv file will be downloaded with all your users.
- NEW (version 1.2): add custom message for non logged users for pages you decide to have available for logged in users only.
- At the bottom of the page you can either save changes or restore selections to default settings
Login Form Settings
- The next tab is Login form. This handles the following settings:
- Set redirect url upon successful login
- Customize registration button text
- Customize lost password text
- Save settings or restore to default settings.
Registration Form Settings
- The next tab is Registration form. It handles the following settings:
- Set custom url upon successful registration (first time).
- Customize the text for “I have an account”.
- Enable the check box for newsletter subscription – registered users may be exported to your local machine and uploaded to any newsletter or CRM software as a .csv file.
- Enable the check box for Terms and Conditions – use it if you want to have users agree to your Terms and Conditions upon subscription.
- Allow new users to use their email as their username (check the check box).
- Decide whether you require new users to enter their desired password (check the check box).
- Decide whether you require email validation for new users. If you choose to apply this feature, an email will be sent upon signup to users requesting them to verify their email address. You will have the option to edit the email message using a rich text editor.
- Save settings or restore to default settings.
Password Forgotten Form Settings
- The last tab is for editing the Password Forgotten form.
- In this tab, you can customize the email which will be sent to user once he clicks the lost password link.
- You can edit the email title and content, using the embedded rich text editor.
- Save changes or restore default settings once done.
Working With Login as a Widget
- Login Widget Pro may be dragged and dropped into any of your available widget areas.
- In order to use it, drag the plugin’s widget into a widget area of your choice.
- Once you place it, customize the settings for logged in and logged out view – write your title, set the default form |(login/register), set the alignment (horizontal/vertical) and determine settings for “Remember Me” (check/uncheck by default).
- Set the text for logged in users.
- Choose whether user’s Gravatars will appear or not.
- Save it and refresh to see results.
Placing Login Widget Shortcode in Content
- You can turn the widget into a shortcode and use it anywhere in your text. Please note – only place one shortcode inside a given page.
- To use it as a shortcode, apply the same steps described for using the Login form as a widget.
- Place the following shortcode anywhere on your content:
- Save and refresh the page. You should see the login form on your page.
- Keep in mind you can adjust the width of the widget in pixels. Go to General Settings and place the value you want in numbers and click save.
- Using some custom CSS you can control the layout of the widget inside the text.
Using Login Widget as a Popup
- In order to apply login widget as a popup, first go to Appearance/Widgets, and drag and drop the Login widget into the top right widget area (which has been added to your widget areas upon activation). You should see this unique widget area regardless of the theme you are using on your site.
- Set the settings as you would for any of the above widgets and save it.
- Set the general settings for the popup widget as described above (General Settings) and save.
- Now you need to prepare a triggering link for the popup to appear. You may do it by placing it anywhere on your site’s content. Here’s how:
- Place this code inside your content while your editor is in text view: <a href=”#”>Login to our site</a>
- Save and refresh.
- You have another option which is to add it to your menu. Here’s how:
- Go to Appearance/Menus – Please note – you need to create a custom menu in order to do so. Learn how to create a custom menu here.
- On the right top corner of the screen, click the Screen Options and then check the following under “Show advanced menu properties”: Link target and CSS classes.
- Menu items may be added to menu from pages, blogs, categories and unique links. Use this option and add a unique link into your menu. Drag and drop it into your active menu and set the link as follows:
- URL: #
- Navigation Label: Login (or anything else you choose)
- CSS Classes (optional) lwp-popup-button
- Save the menu and refresh
- Once you are done with this, you will see a Login item on your site’s menu. Once clicked, you will have a popup menu appearing.
Managing Users Lists
- As described above, the plugins has many useful features to turn your users to subscribers.
- Exporting the lists is covered above in General Settings.
- There are additional tools to help you manage your users: On your default WP menu on the left, go to users – you will see newly added columns: is user verified (yes/no) and is Newsletter Subscriber. You can toggle the latter to change from yes to no and the other way around.
- You can also assign different roles to newly registered users: Under Registration Form tab, you will find a dropdown list to select from. You may assign WooCommerce roles as well (customer/shop manager).
Block Content for Non-Logged In Users (NEW Ver. 1.2)
- You may now block posts or pages you choose to and the content will only be visible for logged in users. Simply check the checkbox located under the Publish box in the page/post editor.
- Non logged in users will see the custom message you have added in General Settings and will also have a log in/register form available for them.
- Login Widget Pro is based on the basic users management, login and registration mechanism that ships with WordPress. This assures optimal compatibility regardless of the theme you are using.
- The plugin works well with WooCommerce, allowing you to extend the functionality already available and greatly enhance your store management.
- Login Widget Pro is compatible with multisite/WordPress Network. We intend to further enhance this feature in coming versions.
Uninstalling Login Widget Pro
- Go to plugins, deactivate the plugin and uninstall it.
- If you choose to reactivate it in the future, you will have all your settings available for you again.
- If you choose to delete it, all data related to the plugin will be deleted. Your users will not be deleted.
Troubleshooting and Support
- If you have any problems with the plugin, deactivate all other plugins to see if there’s some compatibility problem with other plugins installed on your site.
- If you cannot find what is the cause for your trouble, submit a support request (note – support is only available with a valid license) via our dedicated support system and we will follow through shortly.
- Please provide a detailed description of the problem as well as screenshots.